We are seeking a Spanish preschool teacher who has a strong belief in a student -centered approach to learning, enjoys working directly with young students and their families, and has a passion for language instruction. Our Spanish Immersion Preschool Program is designed as a bridge between home and school for children ages 2-6. In our program, children learn primarily through play, listening, and imitation. The day offers a balance between free, creative expression and teacher-led group experiences.
- 2 years of teaching experience
- Native level proficiency in Spanish
- Child Development Teacher Permit or Multiple Subjects Permit with 12 or more semester units of early childhood education or child development course work and three semester units of supervised field experience in an early childhood or elementary education setting.
- Ability to pass a LiveScan fingerprint clearance
- Legal authorization to work in the U.S.
- Possession of a car, auto insurance, and a valid California Driver’s License
- Within 60 days of hire, provision of TB clearance
- Teach Spanish Immersion preschool classes at our headquarters in Oceanside, CA
- Develop daily activities that support and infuse a lasting desire to learn
- Maintain a positive classroom environment by establishing healthy routines and forming positive relationships with students and their families
- Support effective ongoing communication with parents, including responding to questions and concerns in a timely manner
- Model respect for self, all people, and belongings
- Engage in preparation and clean up of the room, materials, and activities
- Perform basic attendance as required
- Maintain professional competence through participation in staff meetings
- Maintain confidentiality in all student situations
COMPENSATION AND HOURS:
- Hours Monday-Friday 4-8 hours per day (part-time or full-time)
- Competitive salary, based on experience
Candidates interested in pursuing the Spanish Preschool Teacher position should review our website prior to applying: www.bellalengua.com. We accept applications via email. Please email a cover letter explaining your relationship to teaching and Spanish, a resume, and two professional references to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate Spanish Preschool Teacher in the subject line of the email. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. We look forward to receiving your application!