After School Spanish Teacher
We are seeking a Spanish teacher who has a strong belief in a student centered approach to learning, enjoys working directly with students, and has a passion for language instruction.
- Must have 2 years of teaching experience·
- Must have native level proficiency in Spanish and possess at least 2 years (60 credits) of college coursework
- Ability to pass a LiveScan fingerprint clearance
- Legal authorization to work in the U.S.
- Possession of a car, auto insurance, and a valid California Driver’s License
- Within 60 days of hire, provision of TB clearance
- Teach Spanish classes in schools across North County San Diego
- Maintain a positive classroom environment by establishing healthy routines and forming positive relationships with students
- Support effective ongoing communication with parents and colleagues, including responding to questions and concerns in a timely manner
- Model respect for self, all people, and belongings
- Engage in preparation and clean up of the room, materials, and activities
- Perform basic attendance as required
- Maintain professional competence through participation in staff meetings
- Maintain confidentiality in all student situations
- COMPENSATION AND HOURS:
- Hours range from 1 to 5 days per week, 1.5-2 hours per day between the hours of 1:30-4:30pm
- Classes commence September 5, 2017
- Flexible schedule, based on your availability
- Competitive salary, based on experience
Candidates interested in pursuing the Spanish Teacher position should send applications via email. Please email a cover letter articulating your relationship to teaching Spanish, a resume, and the names of two professional references to: email@example.com. Please indicate Spanish Teacher in the subject line of the email. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. We will contact you if we are interested in pursuing your application. Thank you!